The intention behind this article digital marketing for beginners is to make you understand what exactly digital marketing is along with advantages over traditional marketing and what are the importance of digital marketing and much more.
Digital marketing is a type of marketing done through every digital channel (social media, email, SMS marketing, AdWords etc.). Since now is a generation of the digital world, thus companies use this strategy to connect with the world and attract customers.
Let us first discuss few very important basic elements of Digital Marketing for beginners. If you are a beginner you must know about all these elements to have a clear picture of digital marketing
- What is digital marketing?
- What is traditional marketing?
- How to learn digital marketing?
- Advantages of digital marketing over traditional marketing.
- Traditional marketing Vs digital marketing.
- Why is digital marketing so important?
- What are the things included in digital marketing?
What is Digital Marketing?
In the present era, every action is done through the digital world, whether it be grabbing some information, buying a product or any other stuff.
Marketing can be defined as a way of connecting with the audience in the best possible way. This means you need to interact with them where they are mostly available, and the place is the internet.
In Layman Terms Whenever we select the digital channel (website, YouTube, social media, ad Words etc.) to promote our business or product is called digital marketing.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Here is the quick definition of traditional marketing.
Traditional marketing is also a way to sell our product or service or to grow our business, but the way of doing traditional marketing is totally different from digital marketing.
In traditional marketing the channel of promoting business is different, here we use
- Holding advertising.
- Radio advertising.
- News Letter.
- Magazine Advertising.
Traditional marketing is also called outbound marketing.
In this article (digital marketing for beginners), we will discuss the advantages and differences of traditional marketing over digital marketing in detail going forward.
How to learn Digital Marketing?
You can learn digital marketing either by referring to some good online tutorials or any reputed institution.
In both the cases you should have hands-on it, because of it totally theoretical, till now you are not doing the live demo or practical’s it’s difficult to understand and track your knowledge.
So for demo purpose, you can create your own blog or website and implement what you are learning from online or any institution parallelly.
- Make money from blogging- A perfect guide for you
- Affiliate Marketing Websites With Commission Rates
Advantages of Digital Marketing over Traditional Marketing
Both the marketing strategies have its own advantages and disadvantages. Here we will know the top 6 major advantages of digital marketing over traditional marketing.
- Global reach: Digital marketing helps you to target a huge amount of audience across the globe. With the help of digital marketing, you can target your customer worldwide.
- Cost-efficient: You can easily plan a digital marketing strategy within your budget in comparison to other traditional advertising channels.
- Easy to track: As it’s digital you can track all the activities like how many of your target audience is giving the response or interested to buy your service or product.
- High Revenue: As I said it’s cost-efficient, you can target more audience in less budget. If your reach is wide you can generate high revenue.
- Change in Strategy: In the case of digital marketing, we have the flexibility to update our strategy in the middle of the ongoing advertising plan.
- Easy to Share: Most digital marketing channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Reddit etc., feature sharing capabilities by using them you can easily share/promote your business.
Traditional Marketing versus Digital Marketing
Now let’s compare both marketing’s.
- Easy to reach local audiences.
- More effective in the rural area.
- Best for non-internet user.
- Promotion materials can be reused in future.
- It’s familiar and Easy to understand.
- Can be done by less educated people (like pamphlets distribution, announcement)
- Easy to reach the large audience.
- More effective in the metro city.
- Without Internet digital marketing is nothing.
- Low-cost high revenue.
- Well educated and smart people required to perform digital marketing.
- Difficult to understand in comparison to traditional marketing.
Why Digital Marketing Is So Important?
The field of digital marketing allows you to attract audiences through the most advanced manner.
Unlike any other offline marketing strategy, digital marketing focuses on every single aspect to grab consumers and take the business to the high level.
Here are a few more reasons why digital marketing is important.
- With the help of digital marketing, you can reach your competitor.
- Because digital marketing is more cost effective than traditional marketing.
- Digital marketing helps to target the desired audience.
- It delivers conversions.
- Increases brand awareness
- Serves mobile users
- You can earn people’s trust.
What are the things included in digital marketing?
Now let’s see what are the things included in digital marketing.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email Marketing.
- SMS Marketing
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization
- SME (Social Media Engagement)
- Content Marketing
- Business To Business (B2B)
- Business To Customer (B2C)
- Customer To Customer (C2C)
- Customer To Business (C2B) (B2B)
- How to start Blogging. Step by Step Tutorial for Beginners.
- How To Register Domain Name And Buy a Hosting
Well, this was some basic idea regarding the concept of digital marketing. For more fresh contents, stay tuned.